Constituent Relationship Management
(Contribution by Jean-Paul Ladage)
- a web based CRM
- an online accessible relational database
Goals for integration:
- Login again Salesforce records and update profile data (PAS)
- Simple event registration
- View Salesforce data
He provided a few demo’s.
Sale data from PloneFormGen to Salesforce using Salesforce
PloneFormGen adapter. This allows you to create forms and directly submit the data to salesforce.
- Account adapter, you can map the form fields to fields in the account table in the Salesforce database.
- Contact adapter, you can map the form fields to fields in the contact table in the Salesforce database.
- Attachments can also be added.
RSVP for Salesforce
Event registration e.g. call for proposals
CRM has a campaign feature. Any piece of content in Plone can be associated with a campaign in sales force by selecting the object type and uid. A result is that in Plone below the content a contact form is shown. It adds a lead in Salesforce and shows how we got in contact with that person (by showing the related campaign.
In Salesforce you can create a waitlist state, to signal that you have to process the contact.
Login and edit user profile data (PASPlugin)
- You can add a password field to Salesforce.
- In the plugin you can configure which fields to authenticate with and map additional properties like department, or assistant name with an object type in Salesforce e.g. a Contact or Lead.
Local Cache of Salesforce records
The Zope catalog is used to cache information from Salesforce. Using an overnight scheduled job.